Covid-19: New working arrangements
Preparing for your next face-to-face appointment
Infection control has always been a top priority
Our practice follows stringent standards of infection control so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We have prepared new practice protocols in order to operate a safe and efficient orthodontic practice for all our patients, our staff and our wider community following the COVID-19 crisis.
We have worked hard to ensure your safety
You will notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes and revised our protocols to help protect you, our patients, and our team:
Before arriving at the practice, we will ask you to:
- Thoroughly brush your teeth just before arrival
- Wash your hands thoroughly before leaving your home
- Complete a pre-appointment screening process
When at the practice, we will ask you to:
- Wait outside until we invite you in
- Wear a facemask or other mouth covering, such as a scarf or buff
- Use hand sanitizer (ours or bring your own) on entry to the building
- Allow us to take your temperature
- Complete a screening process questionnaire
- Come on your own unless it is vital that you are accompanied by somebody else – another person may wait for you in their car in our carpark until your appointment is finished, but we will strictly limit the number of people allowed in the building
To ensure a safe environment, we have:
- Carried out risk assessments and followed new best-practice guidelines to enforce more stringent cross-infection protocols
- Installed perspex ‘sneeze screens’ along the reception desk
- Clearly marked out respecting social distance recommendations where needed
- Set up a daily health screening checkpoint and log for the screening of all staff entering the workplace
- Equipped our dental staff with additional PPE when in surgery
- Removed newspapers and magazines from the waiting room
and we will:
- Strictly see patients by appointment only, initially on a priority-basis
- Manage appointments to allow for social distancing between patients
- Minimise staff interaction
- Decontaminate communal areas prior to practice opening, at lunchtime and at the end of the day
- Use video and phone consultations whenever possible
The practice is open during our normal hours of 08:00 – 17:00 Mondays to Thursdays and 08:00 – 14:00 on Fridays. There is always somebody here who can give you advice about any problems that you may be experiencing with your appliance or concerns over your treatment.
You can telephone the practice on 01623 641613 or email us directly on email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are implementing to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.